Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Our 2 Weeks of Fall

When I say we get two weeks of fall, I'm dead serious. It goes from summer to winter in just a few weeks around here. One day you're opening the windows cause it's too hot in the house, and the next day (no joke) you have to turn the heater on because it's so cold.

Here in our tiny town they do a pumpkin patch. It's a local company that puts pumpkins all over this park, and then offers a free meal of hot dogs, chili and hot chocolate, and just asks that you bring donations for the food bank. We got there a little late this year, and almost all the pumpkins were gone, but we were able to get one. Unfortunately, we never got to carve it before it froze on our door step and turned to mush. Then when I went to the store the day before Halloween to get one, they were all gone (surprise, surprise). Oh well, maybe next year.

Sis doesn't love these photo opportunities like I do, hence the face. But, I thought the blue sky and the tree were really pretty.

No comments:

Post a Comment