Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Grandpa Bob's 2011

We try and make it to my Dad's every year before Christmas time. We usually just hang around his house and watch movies. But this time his wife had just set off a bug bomb in the house, so we had to be MIA from the house for 6 hours, if I'm remembering correctly. So, we went to WalMart - a much needed trip for someone who doesn't live remotely near one, right before Christmas, and went to eat at Dickie's - SO GOOD!!! Then went to the mall. It was a lot of fun to get out and about wiht my dad. His wife is really busy, and so it was fun to be able to have her with us, and go around the town where I grew up together.

At the mall, we were able to see Santa for the 2nd time that day! How lucky! Jders, however, didn't do too well with Santa this time, so instead she sat on my lap while he told her a story about his reindeer.
We gathered round and heard the story. My dad and his wife love their elf hats right around Christmas time. Santa kept calling them his elfs.

While I was getting ready the next day at the hotel, Jders decided to play peek-a-boo with the curtains.
  
It seems like it is always hard to find time to go to my Dad's,  but everytime we go I am so greatful that we did. He has had Multiple Sclerosis since I was 4 years old, and he really is one of my heroes. I hope my children get to know and love him, because he is a wonderful example to all. 

No comments:

Post a Comment