Last September Jders and I went to Farmer Brown's sister's house for 10 days while they went to Hawaii. I posted about this before, about how her son had to get stitches the first day I was there. Ugh!
A lot of people were really surprised that I still wanted to go down to help out, even though Jders had broken her leg. But, it actually was WONDERFUL! The kids took her mind off of her leg, and off her not being able to move around, and there were tons of new toys for her to play with, so she was in hog heaven. It also made that ten days go by a heck of a lot faster for me than they would have if I had been at home with just her and the broken leg.
PLUS, it was harvest and they FINALLY got good weather and were able to go, go, go, and so me being gone made it so Farmer Brown didn't have to try and see us a few hours every night, and they were able to get done a lot faster than if I had been there.
We all came back to "Our Little Town" for the weekend, and the kids stayed with their grandma, so I got a bit of a break, and they got to come be a little part of harvest. Jders had a doctor's appointment for her leg in Big Town on that Monday, and so they got to miss that day of school so we could make it to that. That is when the doc. gave us the okay to take the splint off to give her baths. YAHOO! So her first bath in four weeks was at their house.
The kids were so good, and helped out a ton. I made them charts and told them we could go to a movie if they got their charts filled up by the end of the 10 days, and MAN did those work! I could get them to do anything for me. AND they all got their charts filled up, and a run to Cars 2 at the end of the week was a great way to end our fun little trip.
Hanging out on the counter, I'm not sure this is something they get to do when mom and dad are home, but Jders does it ALL THE TIME. Plus, it was an easy way to keep her content while I was in the kitchen while she had her broken leg, so the kids got to do it with her for that week and a half.

Matching hair. T was so excited to have a little sister for a week. She has two younger brother's and has always wanted a sister, so it was good for her. She was very helpful with Jders, and was ecstatic to have matching hair with her "little sister" that day.
Poor little stitches man wanted in on the picture taking action, we were missing the youngest in their family in this picture, but still a cute cousin picture. I don't know what was going on with my camera, I couldn't get it to focus right.
Farmer Brown's other sister decided to come help for a day, and was trying to take a picture of these two, and Jders pulled out this "cheese" face. I had never seen her do that, and haven't really seen her do it since. But, we were dying laughing, and had to take numerous pictures of her dorkiness.






No comments:
Post a Comment