Friday, February 3, 2012

Lake Powell 2012

I am really so behind, so bear with me as I post from this summer. Sorry! My goal has been to post once a day until I am caught up, so we'll see how that goes. That was my goal a week or two ago, and then my little sister got married, so that put a wrench in the posts - great wedding though. Post to come - maybe in a couple months!

Farmer Brown's Grandma has a time share on a house boat in Lake Powell, and gets to have two weeks during the year. One of the weeks always lands in the summer, and Farmer Brown's schedule this year allowed us to go. The previous time I went was a blast... but not so much when you have a one year old. Sigh! It was just a little too hot, and a little too crowded, and a little too wild for my baby. Plus, half the fun, before we had kids, was to play games, and she wouldn't really let us sit down to play a game. After this time, I vowed not to take a child under the age of 2 (or was it 3?) again.

Don't get me wrong, she did pretty well, but I just felt so bad for her. It was too hot to sleep in the room, and it was too wild for us to sleep upstairs, and the poor thing broke out in a heat rash, which took me half the summer to get to go away. Plus, I am just SO nervous about water.

Other than the heat and sleep situation, it was pretty fun. Jders has always been a water rat, so this was right up her alley, although she HATED her life jacket. So, by the end we would just take her out in her baby tube.

We did some cliff jumping, some jet skiing, some water skiing, and of course TONS of swimming. It really is a lot of fun!

Here the kids are playing with seashells that they found on beach.


I had to have a little talk with Mr. Brown about saying "cheese", because all of his pictures turn out funny looking cause he's saying the word "cheese".

Beautiful Lake Powell:

Farmer Brown is giving Jders a bath and then showing her some ducks who came to watch. That's another really fun thing to do, you soap up and slide down the slide on the back of the houseboat to rinse off. Jders, unfortunately, was too little to participate in that fun.
Naked baby!
Swimming in her baby tube. When we got too hot we would go for a swim and just hang out in the water, it was a lot of fun.
Yep, Jders has Farmer Brown's toothbrush out there, and yep she was brushing her teeth with that nasty water. What can you do? If she's happy, she's happy.
Family swim time:
Playing on the shore with our new pool toys.
Trying to play a game. Oh, and did I mention the food? There is always OODLES of food. Just what you need when you're trying to look good in a swimsuit, right? In this picture, Jders is hoarding the hummus, I've tried to buy her hummus since then, and it was a no go, but she ate tons at Lake Powell. This is Farmer Brown's two sisters, and brother-in-law.

No comments:

Post a Comment