So, basically Jders had just barely learned how to walk, and then she broke her leg. So even though she was supposed to stay off of her leg, it was king of hard to keep her entertained and happy in one spot for long periods of time. This means I carried her around A LOT, and we did a lot of things that we wouldn't have if she hadn't broken her leg. Like we took tons of LONG walks every day just to keep her happy, and she sat on the counter while I cooked and tasted everything, and I mean EVERYTHING.
One of the things I automatically thought of to keep her busy was something like the sensory table we had in our preschool at college. So, I got her a bucket of beans to play with. This kept her happy for most of the five weeks of broken legs. She loved them. We would hide her squinkies or small items in there, and she would find them. We would play cooking/dishes with them, and then one night she put the bucket on her head, and me, being who I am, decided to throw them at her while she had the bucket on her face. She thought that was the funniest thing ever, and this became one of her favorite games.
We had beans ALL OVER the house! Farmer Brown had me throw them away (story to come) almost 3 months ago, and I still find them all over the house! But anything is worth keeping your immobile little baby happy.
This first one is my favorite, it's so funny!






No comments:
Post a Comment