Thursday, March 28, 2013

Advent Calendar

This year I really wanted to do an advent calendar for Jders. I wanted a cute one, but I'm picky, and they're kind of hard to find. So...like any 20th century mother, I got onto pinterest, and found this cute idea. It's made out of toilet paper rolls, wrapping paper rolls, and paper towel rolls. I put a little prize in there for each day, and wrapped it up, and then strung them together by first tying a bow on it, like you would any present, and then stringing it by that. Pretty simple and easy, and would be easy to do one for each kid. We cut one off daily, and Jders loved it.
 
My friend and I ended up making one that is really cute, but I had already done this for this year. 
Jders the first day. I don't think I took any pictures besides these of her opening her advent calendar presents - oops. Some of the things she got were balloons, gum, Minnie Mouse Squinkies, PEZ candy, Santa Claus wind up toy, things like that. I love Christmas time... truthfully, I love the excuse to give my child a "present" every day, and see her little eyes light up.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment