Tuesday, March 12, 2013

A Cwismas Tree

Jders had been asking for a Christmas tree since October when she saw them in the stores. She would literally ask me every day when we were going to get one (just like right now she asks every day when Easter is). When we finally got one, she was THRILLED! She wanted to put it up as soon as possible and skipped her nap so that she could do it.
 
She got out all the ornaments from the box and lined them up on the couch, and then did her best to hang them once I got the hooks on them. It was fun to have someone just as excited as me this year. I LOVE everything about Christmas, and Farmer Brown is just 'eh' about holidays, so it was wonderful to have Jders pushing him to get the tree and to get it up, instead of me. 
 She was telling me in detail what was in each box.
 Jders is an organization guru, she LOVES to line things up, this is just one of those instances.
Farmer Brown putting the lights on, his favorite(heavy sarcasm). The tree was super tall and skinny at first, but by Christmas it had drooped down so that it looked fuller. This has been my favorite tree so far. You'd think it would come with this really strong pine scent, but it doesn't. I remember when I was a kid, the trees that we got were always really smelly, but we got them from tree lots. Do the tree lots spray pine scent on them? I love that smell, and that smell, to me, is Christmas. Next year, I'm going to cheat and put air fresheners in the tree.
 Jders desperately trying to figure out the hooks on the ornaments. I loved how she would say ornaments, and I know that I got it on video, but can't think of how she said it now. Decorations was "arations", but I can't remember what ornaments was.
Sissy next to the tree when it was all done. I love that little goose.

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!

No comments:

Post a Comment