Thursday, July 19, 2012

Camp to the ING

First camping trip of the year, and we went all by ourselves! Well kind of. We went with some friends from Small Town, I can't tell you how great it is to finally say we have good friends in Small Town. We have had one busy summer because of all our wonderful friends.

We were lucky enough to be able to borrow Farmer Brown's parent's motor home, and went up the canyon for a day and a half. Jders didn't do so hot at the sleeping thing. She decided to scream until 12:30 in the morning, and I finally took her on a drive and she went to sleep. Kind of a crappy situation, since our friends accidentally brought their camp shade instead of a tent, so they ended up sleeping in the motor home with us. But, it did prepare us for the next weekend of camping, and we didn't even bother trying to put her to sleep in the camper, we just took her for a ride, and she was out like a light.

Jders still has a hard time getting along with children younger than her, and both of our friends that went, have younger children, so it was a little bit of a challenge. It's a work in progress, she's been getting a lot better. Other than that, this camping trip was a blast!! GREAT food, hilarious stories, one of the funniest games of spoons I've ever played, shooting, and did I mention great food (dutch oven mushrooms, breakfast burritos, tin foil dinners-best ones I've ever had, and eclairs cooked over the fire!!!)

Unfortunately, these are the only two photos I snapped during the outing.

No comments:

Post a Comment