Thursday, April 21, 2011

FLO-RI-DA!

I know I'm kind of going in a backward fashion in my posts, but I'm just glad to get them done.

We were lucky enough to get to go to Tampa, Florida to a Farm Convention called the Commodity Classics at the beginning of March. It was so nice to be able to leave the snow at home, and go somewhere warm.

We were able to explore a little the first day we were there and went to Clearwater Beach. I was sad we didn't bring our swimming suits, but Jders was in heaven! We combined her two favorite things, water and walking around. She wanted to sit in it, so I ended up taking off her clothes and letting her sit in the ocean with just her diaper on. It was not the warmest water, but it didn't freeze us to death either.
I had to take a picture of her footsteps in the sand, they were so precious.
These are her and Daddy's footprints, although they are kind of hard to see.
Like I said, she was in HEAVEN!!!!
We then went to Tarpon Springs which is a Greek Fishing Community on the Bay. It is the sponge capitol of the United States where they go and harvest sponges in the ocean. Grandma got conned into buying her and Jders one, which was really sweet of her. I just kept telling the lady no, and then Grandma caved and bought her and Jders a sponge for the bath tub.

The rest of the time we were at the Commodity Classics, which is basically a trade show for company's who sell farm related products. They had a beginning social, and lunch and breakfast one day, and then different organizations like the National Association of Wheat Growers and then there were corn and soy bean growers there, and they would have receptions and things like that to go to.

Here is Farmer Brown during a magic show. He is choosing a word in the book, and the guy actually guessed the word that he picked!!!
Here is Sissy and Farmer Brown trying out the new John Deere products:
We went to numerous different "classes", each had a different lecture, and you could choose which ones you wanted to go to. I had to miss out on quite a lot because of Jders, but the classes that I made it to were really interesting. The main focus of the conference was on getting the correct information out to the public. There is such a big ordeal going on about organic and genetically modified foods, and most of the information out of there is from the people who have a problem with it. So..... if there are any questions you have for me, as a farmer's wife, about organic or genetically modified foods, please ask away.

The following pictures are of Sissy playing on the floor during a lecture. She sure is a cute little bug. I love her!
Taking it easy with her feet crossed.
She's so funny when she holds things with her mouth. She LOVES this little doll, Farmer Brown thinks it immodest and wants to color sleeves on it, and make it a longer skirt.

Here she is pulling her crazy stance. This is the beginning of March, so she has been doing it for almost 2 months now. I just hope something isn't hurting her.
We went to some fun places to eat while we were there. We went to an awesome barbecue joint, seafood place, and pizza place. We went down to Ybor City for the pizza and seafood; it was an old town feel, and in some places a little scary, but kind of neat nonetheless.

Our little break in Florida was much needed after the long cold winter here. It was really hard to come back to snow and wind. On our way home, it was an 18 hour travel day, so we were VERY glad to be home after that. We were glad we were able to go experience the Commodity Classics, it was a lot of fun, and we learned a lot.

1 comment:

  1. You guys and Troy might end up at the same conference one of these days. Troy goes to several all year, and teaches classes often. How nice that the one you went to just happened to be in a nice place too. Nice break from winter.

    Cute blog by the way! I often just read blogs on google reader--but then I don't get to see all the cute backgrounds and fonts. This is cute!

    ReplyDelete