Farmer Brown turned 27, what an old fart! He LOVES carrot cake, and I finally figured out how to do it so it is super moist. I substituted half the oil with apple sauce. But then I did the batch of frosting that it called for with the cake, and it made WAY too much, so the cake was good this time, but it had to much frosting. Grrrrr. One of these days I'll get it right. Notice he wanted the table set with the John Deere tableware that we have, and he had green and yellow candles. I was going to make it look like a farmer was plowing a field on the cake, but I ran out of time, so boring white frosting is what he got.
I spent the whole day working on these:I didn't have a pattern, and for some reason I wasn't thinking straight when I got the material so I didn't have them long enough, so I had to go to a fabric store her and buy the green that is on the bottom. So these were my first free hand curtains that I have ever made. They are in Farmer Brown's John Deere room as you can see, which double as the office. It is getting pretty well decorated, and it has actually grown on me and I think it is cute now. I also did lunch for all of his office people, and dinner for us and his parents. It was a LONG day!
Farmer Brown never shows his excitement, so I was a little disappointed at his reaction, but I'm proud of them nonetheless. He also got some much needed clothes, since he thinks I shrink all his clothes, but really he's just putting on weight, but don't tell him I told you.






Awesome curtains! Way cute! If you're bored, you can make some for us! J/K, we have plenty already. No wait--we need some in our newly finished basement room. Anyway, I'll "Ooooo" and "Ahhhh!" over them with you! (I understand about the blahzae reaction when you were hoping for a better one. Happens here a lot too.) Boy, you were a super busy wife that day! Happy belated b-day to Farmer Brown!
ReplyDelete