Anyone who knows Farmer Brown, knows he is obsessed with John Deere. To prove my point here is last year's Christmas letter:
TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN:
Well it’s that time of year again where everyone tries to be a little nicer and a little more helpful. What a load of crap that is. Why do we only do this around Christmas time? Well I think it is bogus. Maybe I’m just bitter because I’ve had to be a little nicer and more helpful since September because Mrs. Brown is pregnant, and is tired all the time. So that leaves me doing several things to help out around the house. Of course we do not know what we are having so we haven’t picked out any names. There is one boy name that really sticks out to both of us. You guessed it JOHN DEERE or J.D. is probably what we would end up calling him. I think that it is a boy because we have only come up with a boy’s name we just can’t think of any girl’s names. Mrs. Brown thinks that I love John Deere more than her, well don’t tell her but I do! Mrs. Brown is keeping busy being pregnant and teaching school. It is probably good that she is busy I think it helps the time go by faster.
That’s my husband folks! We are NOT naming it John Deere; he just does that to make me mad. He is a little TOO much in love with John Deere. That’s all he wants for Christmas is John Deere stuff. Anyway, he has been a really good helper around the house, after work I pretty much crash. Farmer Brown has been SUPER busy with school. It really has been the hardest semester for him since we got married. The stuff he can do with Excel blows my mind, I watch him for two seconds and get confused about what just happened. He is graduating in April and we are both praying that he can find something he will enjoy doing. He likes loan officer type things at banks, and we hope that he can find something like that. But for now, he is so excited he has his very own bus route! He really does love being a bus driver, it’s pretty funny. My favorite is when I used to walk out of the school (before he had his own route that doesn’t come to my school) at the end of the day, and he would be sitting in one of the buses with his bright green and yellow John Deere jacket on, and I just have to say to myself, ‘yes, that is your husband’, and say to the other teachers ‘no, that is not my husband’. The bright green and yellow jacket doubles for a hunting jacket, yes, that is how bright it is. He LOVES it though, and if he had to choose between me and the jacket, it would be the jacket.
Well that’s about all for us folks! We hope all is well with you, and that we are able to see you sometime over the holidays. We hope you have a wonderful Christmas and a happy New Year, even if Farmer Brown thinks it’s a load of crap!
Farmer Brown really did want a boy, but it turns out you can name a girl John Deere! Not to mention there is plenty of cute pink John Deere things for girl's.
She's got 3 John Deere blankets:
She's got 3 John Deere blankets:
John Deere boots:

John Deere hat:
John Deere toys:
John Deere socks:
And here is Farmer Brown and Jders on an antique combine at the state fair. Only someone obssessed with John Deere would even consider getting up there (in public) to get a picture. I sure love both of my John Deere fans though. (Notice she's sportin' her John Deere boots.)

















No comments:
Post a Comment