![]() |
| 4 months. Farmer Brown is showing off his food baby behind me. |
![]() |
| 7 months |
![]() |
| 8 months. Oh yes, I got bigger! Can we say: MOO! |
I was praying just to make it through the school year without having the baby. My due date was the 27th, and school got out on the 28th. The doctors kept telling me she was really low, and doubted I would make it to my due date.
Well, the school year got over, and I had everything packed up and cleaned in my classroom, and everything was ready for the baby...
Five days later....
I was ready to reach in and pull her out myself! We had tried all the tricks: pineapple, hiking, moving boxes, scrubbing floors, I was at my whits end. It was awful, literally sitting at our house just waiting for her to come. Farmer Brown couldn't go back to the farm, because it was 2 hours away. Everything was ready for her in case she came during the school year. So, we both just sat and waited.
We went to the doctor on Tuesday, and they scheduled me for an induction on Thursday morning.
Wednesday morning, my water didn't break, but I was gushing blood for some reason. We called the doctor, and they told us to come in.
I know some of you have had personal experience with this. You know? When you tell the doctor/nurses something, and they look at you like "yeah right!" Well I told them what had happened, and that's the response I got. Well after the nurse checked me in, I was on the exam table waiting for the doctor, and I started gushing again. Farmer Brown quickly got a nurse, who in turn quickly got a doctor.
The doctor came in and said she needed to check me, and she barely touched me and my water broke. She said, "well your not going anywhere now" and they admitted me.
The doctor was worried about my placenta so they got me hooked up to monitors as quickly as possible.
When having a baby there is no privacy. As soon as I got in my room a nurse came in as I was undressing, and started helping me get undress faster. Yikes!
They also put me on pitocin as soon as possible, because if it was my placenta they didn't want the baby to get stressed.
I went from a 3 to a 6 within an hour - thank heavens! So then they gave me the epidural, the most wonderful drug on the planet.
My anesthesiologist was incredible! I didn't even feel it. Then again, my mind was preoccupied with a worse pain. I can't describe it, it's just so bad you truly want to crawl out of your skin.
That was about 1 p.m. when they gave me that, and she was born at 9:45 p.m. that night. Because of the epidural I really didn't feel much, when they told me to push I pushed, and it really wasn't so bad! Not anything like the horror stories my friends had told me.
She did get stuck. The girls in my family have a problem with our little hips! They used the forceps to get her out. She also had junk in her lungs so they sucked it out, and beat on her back for a while. All in all, it went pretty smoothly.
I had a 3rd degree tear, but once again didn't feel it because of that wonderful drug. I didn't know what I was in for during the recovery process. Key word: ouch!
But, at last my beautiful baby was here. My mom said the first thing I said was, " She's mine! I don't have to give her back." Explanation: I've been a nanny for numerous children, and some became my own children. But, I always had to give them back, or leave them, each time breaking my heart a little. This time, I got to keep her, and boy was it worth it!
![]() |
| Daddy admiring baby J after they were done working on her. 20 minutes after she was born, thanks to the clock in the background. |
![]() |
| Notice the John Deere shirt he wore to her birth. He's obsessed! |
![]() |
| Getting my first good look. |
![]() |
| Gramma with Jders. |
![]() |
| My fingers are pushing her ears out. They really don't stick out that much. |
![]() |
| You can kind of see the mark on her temple where they pulled her out with the forceps. The marks didn't go away for at least a week, poor thing! |
Side note: It did turn out to be my placenta. Since she was overdue, the placenta had started to die and crystalize, it even formed an extra lobe at one point. Crazy!

















Wow! What an amazing birth story. I am glad to see your little girl arrived healthy and beautiful. I saw this link to your blog on face book. your cousin, Jen
ReplyDelete