Our friends had a party a few days before Halloween, it was fun to get all the kids together in their costumes. I had bought Jders a zebra costume at Costco, but then she asked to be Dora, and I always wanted to be the Mom that thought outside the box on Halloween, instead of just buying something on the rack. (I was a pencil one year for Halloween, my Mom was pretty cool!)
So...we put together a Dora costume. We had the pink shirt, I turned some orange leggings we had into shorts, I had to buy yellow beads for the bracelet, but I already had the blue flower, and then bought the white shoes off a local yard sale page, and tracked down some yellow socks (which was a lot harder than you think - I looked everywhere, and finally had to borrow some), and wallah Dora. Oh we already had a backpack too, and I had a wig that I borrowed from a friend, but Jders wouldn't let me touch her with it, and for some reason you can't find brown hairspray color anywhere....they have every other color, just not brown, so we had a blond Dora.
With some of her friends. We tried to get a shot of all of them, but this was as good as it got.
Playing the donut game, unfortunately, I was much too short to play! Ha! Oh...and Farmer Brown was a bum and doesn't have his sign on, but he had been growing out that beard FOREVER, and he kept telling me it was for his Halloween costume, although he wouldn't tell me what he was being.
We've made some really good friends here, and nights like this are super fun!!






No comments:
Post a Comment