Jders used to have a house made of boxes downstairs, but after reading Mooncake by Frank Asch, she was dying to have a rocket ship and go to the moon. I was ready to get rid of the huge house downstairs anyway, and so we reconstructed the house into a rocket ship. The sad thing is, she really thought that the rocket ship was going to take her to the moon. She was pretty disappointed when I told her that we wouldn't be going to the moon, just for pretend. We even did blast off, and put a sheet on the ground, so that she would think she was on the moon. She just kept looking at us like, 'why didn't it go anywhere?'. I got vanilla ice cream, and made her a mooncake, she was still pretty disappointed. Darn it, it's time like these that I feel like I'm crushing her spirit, I wish we could be kids forever!
Painting and coloring the rocket, I ran out of red paint, plus I got some on the carpet, and decided that the amount we did, was just right. She has continued to color and glue on it, so it is multi-color and pretty fun now!






No comments:
Post a Comment