Thursday, January 24, 2013

Palisades


The Brown side of Farmer Brown's family is pretty close. They had a reunion type deal at the Palisades this year, and we had a lot of fun. It was raining a lot of the time, but that just made it all the more adventurous. The water was chilly from the rain, but that didn't stop anybody from playing on the toys. Here I am giving the kids a ride on the jet ski.

 
There is no if, and's or but's about it, Jders LOVES dirt. For some reason the kids decided out of all the dirt around the campground, they were going to play with the ashes from the fire. Great! You know there are the Mom's who care if their kids get dirty, but I say it's part of being a kid, so play away. Well... soot is so fine, that it just floats everywhere, into your nose, mouth, hair. She was covered! I think she had black boogers for the next 2 days!
 
  


I love it when Jders acts just like Daddy. This was one of those moments that I'm so glad that I caught with the camera.

Adults think camping is great, and relaxing, but I think Jders sometimes gets bored, because lets face it there isn't much to do, besides play in the dirt. So... we took lots of walks. She loves her little John Deere jacket, and I love to put it on her!  Sorry they're phone pictures, so they're not that great.

This was a great camping trip, we got to ride in the boat while it was lightening (a titch scary), we threw lots of rocks in the water, played in the dirt, had tons of good food, played some fun, new games, and came home with some great stories about Granny! My favorite quote from the trip was when, Josh (one of Farmer Brown's cousin's spouse) came up and told us that the dessert was ready, and Grandpa Great said, "Good, get me some." So funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment