So, I am getting a new phone, and on my current phone, I had saved a bunch of texts to remember some of the cute things that Jders had done, and some events I wanted to remember. Most of these were sent to Farmer Brown, but some to others. This will probably be pretty boring for any of you who follow this blog, but I wanted to remember, so feel free to stop reading now - I won't be offended.
Received:
September 30th, From Farmer Brown: We are finished all but 6 acres in meadowville. (We always forget when harvest starts and ends, and so this is a nice bit of info. to have around)
Sent:
March 29th 2011: Jders (9 months) is pointing the wii remote at the tv and squeezing it like - turn on!
August 18th 2011: 1st tantrum - getting in the tub, 2nd tantrum- not letting her eat copious amounts of toothpaste, 3rd tantrum - who the heck knows, but i was on the phone with your mom, 4th tantrum - not letting her put her hands in her poopy diaper, 5th tantrum- not letting her eat chapstick - and she's only been awake for an hour and a half!
August 27th 2011: Lost my contact this morning looked EVERYWHERE for it- just found it on Jders foot!
September 5th 2011 12:09 pm: Taking Jders to the instacare to see if she broke her leg.
September 5th 2011 2:09 pm: It's broken. We'll be back in an hour or two.
September 5th 2011 4:44pm: They didn't tell us what bone, but it was in the tibia area. It was a clean break, she fell on the carpet too. It is in a splint for now because the orthopedic office wasn't open today. They might cast it tomorrow or the next day when the swelling goes down.
September 6th 2011: Just got done with the doctor again. They rewrapped it and we come back in a week. She's doing ok.
September 7th 2011 8:48am: She's been awake since 8:15, nursed her - she's thrown up 2 time since. Going back down for a nap now.
September 12th 2011: I think Jders just swallowed a penny!
September 13th 2011: Everything is fine. Same splint just rewrapped. No cast yet, says that to put one on a child this young is pretty traumatic, so he doesn't want to if he doesn't have to.
September 14th 2011: I wish she was better already. It's been a nightmare. She's way grumpy, and I have to interpret her "eh, eh" to try to figure out what she wants. And, yeah, Farmer Brown, is still busy with the farm. They haven't been able to cut very much yet, the grain is still green.
September 15th 2011: They kept her in a splint for now - he says that it is pretty traumatic to put a cast on at this age, so he's going to try to avoid it if he can. The bone is still in alignment, but no new bone growth yet. She's getting used to the injury and knows she can't move on her own. Nights are still a living nightmare - she can't get comfortable to sleep and tosses and turns all night. That's the update!
September 15th 2011: We drove all the way to Big Town to go to an instant care instead of taking her to the ER her because our insurance sucks!
September 15th 2011: She actually fell asleep on the way to Big Town. Poor little thing. It's so hard to see your kids in pain. Honesty, realizing how fragile they really are has made me not want to have any more. More kids means more kids that could be in pain, if that make any sense.
September 15th 2011: Yeah it has scarred me far more than it will scar her. And I was already a paranoid parent, I can imagine I'm going to be one of those parents who stands right behind their kit at the playground until she is 5 now.
September 15th 2011: She's in a splint. She's ok during the day, she has a really hard time sleeping, she's uncomfortable.
September 19th 2011: I KNOW! I think she's ok. We did do a metal detector last night and it didn't show she had one (a penny), so unless I want to pay for an x-ray (which I really don't) I'm just going to check her stool for the next while and hopefully there really isn't one in there.
September 19th 2011:The problem is she gets whatever she wants because she has a broken leg, so when she was throwing a fit because she wanted the change container, i gave it to her, then I heard her do a gulp sound and thought she may have swallowed a penny. She still isn't sleeping well, but she has a dr. appt. tomorrow morning - thanks heavens.
September 21st 2011: (While babysitting my niece and nephews and had to take him to go get stitches) Sorry it was a little crazy for a minute. They are all in bed, we got all homework done, regardless. He got three stitches, and did really well. He was squeezing my hands the whole time. I felt so bad for him. the Dr. says to come back in five days to get them out, so you won't even see them. I'm really sorry that it happened. I was telling your mom that they should take all children out of the vicinity of me because I am obviously casting a bad luck cloud upon them. All I can say is you have one brave little boy. I hope I didn't ruin your vacation. He is doing great and I think he forgot it was even there by the time he went to bed.
September 27th 2011: I can take her splint off to bather her now!!! Yay! She'll get it off two weeks from tomorrow. J (nephew I was watching)was a champ for all of it, getting them in and out.
October 10th 2011: So I forgot to tell you a story. When we were in the doctor's office getting J's stitches Jders brought the barbie in from the waiting room. When the doctor came in he asked J if the barbie was his. And J said "NO! it;y yours you love barbies." and the dr. said "you know I'm at a point in my life where I can say that I love barbies." So J said "Well if you love barbies why don't you kiss it... right on the butt!"
October 10th 2011: Jders cast comes off today!!!
October 19th 2011: Called the Dr. when she was shaking in my lap after a bath, had me come in her temp was 104.2 and so they flipped and ordered chest x-rays and blood work, didn't end up being anything but the strep, so they gave her a shot to get her fever down faster (hopefully) but if her fever isn't down by tomorrow morning they said they want to admit her to the hospital. Here's praying her fever goes down.
October 25th 2011: She just remembered how to run away from me while I'm trying to get her dressed - fun!
October 25th 2011: Oh yah, it's pretty funny to see her try to run away with her stiff leg.
November 2, 2011 (17 months): Jders threw a cup in the garbage this morning and was so proud of herself.
November 3, 2011: No you can wear your wedding dress when you get sealed. Farmer Brown kicked mine to get it to cooperate and everyone laughed in the sealing room.
November 7th: I just got the 5th degree because ever since Jders broke her leg, she has slept in the bed with me, and because I don't let her cry it out. Why does everyone tell me to let her cry it out, when I think that is kind of cruel to listen to your baby cry for you and to ignore them. She's been dealt a hard enough hand as it is, why wouldn't I comfort her when she needs comforting? I just get so frustrated when people tell me to let her cry it out. I DON'T WANT TO! I have all the time in the world, it's not like I have another child to tend to, why not spend that time loving on my daughter. I know someone who lost her daughter at 18 months, and would your really be glad you let your child cry it out instead of enjoy them if something like that happened. If she died, I'd be overjoyed that I took the time to love her. There are some things you discipline over and other things you let slide. Like she gets disciplined for hitting. Will I be glad I disciplined her for hitting if she died -yes. Would I be glad I disciplined/got mad at her for spilling food - no. I try to think of every day with Jders as a gift and try to live my life as a mother that if something happened to her that I wouldn't regret anything I've done with her.
November 12th 2011: I just asked Jders if I could spank her bum and she started spanking herself. So funny!
November 15th 2011: Oh my heavens we just checked into a hotel for a conference in Spokane and we are WAY out of our league. I have NEVER stayed in such a nice hotel.
November 17th 2011: So I was sitting on the floor talking to my Dad on the phone (cause he's called twice today) and i was letting Jders air dry for a minute and she came and leaned on my back and peed all down my back! Then after changing, I come around the corner and she is sticking her binky in her bottom!
November 28th 2011: (About Black Friday Shopping) What's funny is that I know all the things you are talking about - I think I memorized their ad while waiting next to the printers for an hour and a half. I actually came home and got on the internet at 4 in the morning and they had the play kitchens the same price online - so I bought it online.
November 30th 2011: Well Farmer Brown and I tried everything, blowing in her mouth and plugging the nostril that didn't have it in it, putting pepper in her nose to make her sneeze, tweezers, we even rigged the vacuum to such through a straw and put that up her nose - but no luck. So she pretty much hates us now, and we still have to take her to the doctor. It's things like this that makes me hate being a mom. How were you not in the doctor's office/ER all the time with 9+ of us?
December 1st 2011: In the hospital again with bean up her nose!
December 1st 2011: Yep. She's still pretty loopy from the sedatives, but it's out! This kid is going to send me to an early grave!
December 6th 2011 8:33 am Jders slept through the night, and is still asleep!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
December 6th 2011: (about moving Jders out of our room) Nah, I'm glad she was that close for her first 18 months! But it was time.
December 8th 2011: Jders won't stop hitting. She hits ALL THE TIME! Whenever I try to discipline her - time our, hit her back, tell her no sternly, she just laughs at me. I'm getting really frustrated with it. What would you do?
February 17th 2012: Jders was in her crib reading books, and I opened a pop in the kitchen, and as soon as I do that I hear her yelling "pop, pop, pop!" all the way from her room.
February 21st 2012: The play dough we couldn't find yesterday... in the microwave of her oven.
February 22nd 2012: You just got an I love you and your not even here. I am starting to loathe you.
March 9th 2012: That's it. You need to stay home, and I'll go to work, because all she does all day is ask for you.
April 5th 2012: I just gave Jders her turquoise binky, and she threw it and said, no caca, wan pink one
May15th 2012: Jders just grabbed her John Deere keys and said "mine, day-doo gramma" translation: my keys, thank you gramma!
June 24th 2012 (about my grandpa's funeral): It was pretty cool. They had a funeral for his brother Bill at the same time because he never had a funeral. So it was a military funeral. Uncle Tom in the only one who talked beside the preacher/minister. S(niece), E(sister-in-law), F(cousin), and I sand in the choir. N, G, and J were pallbearers. Mom didn't come she was a t a get together with her brothers and sisters in Branson, Missouri.
June 26th 2012: Jders was talking on an old cell phone to the boys and Mason, and now she is yelling at the top of her lungs: where are you Mason?
June 27th 2012: I just went in after putting her down for a nap because she was saying "ow,ow" and she was stuck on the top of her crib-she was trying to climb out!!!
July 18th 2012 (about a fire in our town) No idea. It's pretty crazy. That piece that's plowed right by the fire, just came out of CRP this year and so Farmer Brown just plowed it a month ago-lucky he did or it would have been grass there-which would have mad the fire a lot worse.
August 25th 2012 (about my sister-in-law seeing one of my old clogging teachers): I honestly can't remember-sorry! Tell her hi if you see her. Tell her I still remember when I was jumping on the bed at the hotel in Rexburg and said I have so many bruises on my legs, I must have cancer and then fell off the bed and knocked into the dresser and she said, "I don't think you have cancer." It was so funny! She was a good sport!
September 27th 2012: I've killed 17 flies this morning. Where the heck are they coming from? (Come to find out they were coming from rotting potatoes in my cupboard that I found later that afternoon, they had maggots in the potato -so gross!)
October 8th 2012: ( My family did an Extreme Makeover for my mom's house, 6 out of the 9 of us were able to go) Hey! Thanks for paying for a meal! We all took a break Saturday night, and went to Golden Corral. We all sat there for a while because we were all worn out and sore, so thanks! We painted the living room and kitchen, one bathroom, both of the extra bedrooms, tiled the laundry room, and both bathrooms and put hardwood in both extra bedrooms, hallway, kitchen and living room. That's a lot to get done in 29 hours!
October 8th 2012 9:54am: The weekend was a lot of work, but we got a TON done at my mom's house. It looks like I'm going to be cleaning up throw up all day. Jders has thrown up twice -ugh! I hat it when she not only throws up on herself, but she throws up on me too.
October 8th 2012 7:09pm: Why me? Threw up 13 time today, and now we've been admitted to the hospital over night so she can get rehydrated.
October 21st 2012: I meant to give Jders a trim and butchered her hair! I can't stop crying.
October 21st 2012: It can't wait that long, it's awful! It's up to her chin. I'm so sad, I feel like I did something wrong as a parent.
October 22nd 2012: It's like my baby turned into a little girl. (About the haircut)
November 23rd 2012 (About Black Friday): I didn't get everything I wanted, but that's alright. I got a blu ray player, some jammies, griddle, snow boots for Jders and I, snow coat, skirts, playdough store, dress up shoes, dora matching game, then when I got home I got on the computer and got a 47 inch LCD for $399. That's it! It was fun...we missed ya!
December 20th 2012: Too much! She wants Santa to bring Hello Kitty squinkies and a Minnie Mouse pillow. Then she's getting dress up shoes, some new games, Minnie Mouse dress up doll, shopping cart, dolly bed and a playdough grocery store thing - I know she's super spoiled! But i got such good deals on everything that I didn't spend a ton.
January 2nd 2013: I asked Jders who her favorite friend was- thinking she'd name one of her friends we play with her all the time and she said "um... Q" Then later she asked when she gets to play with Q.
January 3rd 2013: So we just tried to watch Santa Paws with Jders and the part where the foster home lady was mean to the girls and took Quinn and Will down to the basement and made Will stay there. Jders just broke out in sobs - needless to say, we switched to Dora.
Wednesday, January 9, 2013
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I love that a lot of these texts were to me. I feel special to be a part of your lives. We love you guys.
ReplyDelete