Monday, August 6, 2012

Peters' Reunion 2012

Probably the best reunion I've been to yet. LOTS of activities, wonderful food, enough room for us all to have our own living quarters, and of course great company. The only thing that would have made it better is if Jders had been a little more compliant. She wouldn't sleep! Therefore, grouchiest baby EVER.

I was in charge of the "Peters Olympics" this year, and we did tons of relay races. It was a lot of fun! At least I thought so, because I was an onlooker, I hope everyone else had fun.

Getting ready for the Olympics, with my little helper, we sprayed lines on the grass.  
                       
3 legged race:

Egg and spoon:
Port smashing an egg on his head after the spoon race was done. Not just one egg, but two.
 
Feeding pudding to each other as quickly as possible.
 
My brother T. decided this was how he would feed my brother J. by throwing it in his face rather than feeding it to him. Then he went and gave his poor wife a hug.

This one, the team members had to run down and get an item and bring it back and dress the "team captain". The team captain couldn't use their arms, or help in any way. That's the last time these boys will volunteer to be team captain. Bikinis and lipstick - hilarious!
  
This one you had put a string that was connected to a canning jar lid (to give it some weight) down your shirt and pants, and then put it down the next persons shirt and pants, so that everyone was connected - pretty funny and tickly. 

On this one they had to run down and get a marshmallow out of a plate of flour, and then run back. This brother decided to get his face as dirty as possible.

I did ten relays. The other ones that I didn't get pictures of, were donut on a straw passing it down the line. Then those gray buckets you've seen in the pictures were full of water, and then I got milk jugs and poked holes in the bottom and cut off the tops, so it was more like a bucket, then they had to pass the milk jugs over their heads and fill up a 5 gallon bucket at the end of the line. First one with their bucket full wins.  The last one was a monkey walk, where they had to grab their ankles and run down to the end and back. For prizes I gave 1st prize 100 grands, 2nd prize airheads, and 3rd prize butterfingers. Next time I do it though, I will probably give butterfingers as 2nd prize and Zero bars to 3rd place - cause that's just funny! Of course, by the end we didn't really remember who won what, and so they all just picked the candy they wanted. It was a LOT of fun.

On our way to our hike we stopped to get a good look at the Tetons. They are behind Farmer Brown and Jders, but you can't see them very well. 
 
At the beginning of our hike we saw some falls. Jders just wanted to throw rocks in the water.
My brother let us use this awesome pack to take Jders with us on the hike (I gotta get me one of these!) Unfortunately, Jders was in the foulest mood EVER, and wouldn't ride in it. She made me carry her the WHOLE WAY! I think it was a mile up and a mile down, but that's a long way to carry a grouchy little bugger. She wouldn't let her Dad hold her either, and we had left her blanket in the car - BIG mistake.
Jders LOVED the pool. Thanks to my brother he cyphoned warm water into the pool, and the kids were having a blast/yelling at each other because of the confined space they had. There was also a slip and slide, but it was too cold, so the kids didn't want to go on it.

They kept squirting each other in the face with the guns, and got pretty upset with each other. Someone kept saying "There's too many kids in the tub, there's too many bums to scrub."
 
Jders hoarding the squirt guns.
T in the overalls was serious about that squirt gun!
 
They all got sick of it except for T, Z, and Jders. And then T left and it was Jders and Z, and they were having a BALL together. They are really close to the same age, I can never remember her birthday, because (get this) my brother didn't tell anyone that they were going to have another baby, and just showed up at the family reunion with her one year!!! Who does that? Anyway, they are close to the same age, and were having fun taking turns drinking out of the house. I love Z's little voice, she was so fun to watch!


 
Jders kept stealing these kids Crocs. Nevertheless, we came home and bought her some of her own. Everytime, Jders would steal Z's Crocs, she would say, "No, these awe my Cwocs, not youw Cwocs, my Cwocs."

While the little kids were in the pool, the big kids were doing the maypole. They had to pass each other at the same time, and so they kept saying "pass, pass, pass". Then of course someone had to start saying "pass gas". It turned out pretty neat. I need to learn why this is something that we like to do, it seems odd to me. I think people start explaining it and I tune out. One of these times I 'll listen, and it'll make sense to me, because I just think it is a weird thing to do at a family reunion?????
 
 Almost done! It does look pretty cool!
Jders reveling in her spoils from the pinata. Can you tell she is exhausted?
Just doing what we do at family reunions. Notice the oodles and oodles of things that my mom brings for everyone to do.
No one can blame me for the way I act. This is my oldest brother, he's 40 something and making music smacking his bottom. I never had a chance.
It's not a Peters' reunion without a dance party. Jders is right there into it. She LOVES to dance, especially when other people will do it with her.

This year my Mom brought hula skirts and coconut bikinis. I had gone to put Jders to bed and missed this, but for some reason the boys took off their shirts (that, in and of itself, is a mystery to me) and were dancing around. All I have to say is "Yikes!"

Mom also brought prop bags, and we did Skits, and the favorite child was awarded, and the talent show, and my sister-in-law did a great game of Jeapordy that helped us get to know one another. It was a LOT of fun!

If it weren't for the mosquitoes and the absence of a brother and a sister and my Dad, and if Jders hadn't been a nightmare during nap and bedtime, this would have been the best reunion yet! Probably still was, although some people were sorely missed. 

No comments:

Post a Comment