We have made it over to Bear Lake twice this summer, and hope to make it at least once more. There were some definite differences in the trips.
The first time, I put her in the water when she wasn't quite comfortable with it - big mistake. She cried until we put her clothes/pajamas back on, and wouldn't go near the water again. Jders is a water bug, but it has been a while since we have been to a lake. I finally got her to come near the water, and play in the sand with me, but there was NO getting in the water.
The second time, we went with our friends (the boys) and I took the girls I babysat this summer with me. The girls gave Jders the confidence to get in and play, although she was a little timid in the deep water. It doesn't help that it's cold. I was just happy she would get in the water this time, and then, of course, when it was time to go, I couldn't get her out.

We had lots of fun in the sand this time, and that's where we ended up spending most of the day playing in the sand, rather than in the water. That's what the beach is for! So fun! Hope that Farmer Brown can make it with us next time.







No comments:
Post a Comment