Can I whine for just a minute?
I love that Farmer Brown gets to do what he loves, and I think it is so neat to watch them harrow, fertilize, plant, spray, harvest, and dig. To be able to physically see the rewards of Farmer Brown's hard work is really a neat thing. But, oh how I hate being a farm widow. Jders and I are home alone for the majority of the week. We try to keep busy, but the hole that Daddy leaves when he's not home is apparant to both Jders and I. I feel like when he is home, we are all satisfied, and Jders is just a lot happier when he is home. But, when he's not there, it's just Jders and I biding our time until he gets home. Not to mention that she's a HUGE Daddy's girl.
So, another season of farming has started, and I just have to learn how to do it by myself again. Farmer Brown has such a great schedule working with his Dad as a tax accountant, he comes home for lunch between 12 and 1 and is off by 5, and it's only 5 minutes away, so he's home a lot. And, he gets the majority of December off. But, because he is home a lot during this time, I find myself being more dependant on him, and then all of a sudden farm season comes around, and I have to almost wean myself away from him and tell myself it's okay to be without him for a few months. Every year, I have to relearn how to do it by myself. Someday, I will be geared up to do it, and it'll be fine, but I'm still having a hard time getting myself there.
Luckily, Jders is really into "riding in the tractor" this year. He just started a week and a half ago, and we've been on two tractor rides. Sometimes, that is the only way we get to see him during the day, even if it is horrendously uncomfortable for me. There is extra seats in the combines, but not in the tractors, so it is really bumpy and I usually end up with a headache and back ache. But, Jders loves it, and she gets to go see Daddy, so it's worth it. The first time we went to go ride on the tractor, the whole way out there she kept saying, "a ride, a tractor, a daddy, ride, a tractor" over and over, and I just kept reassuring her that we were almost there. Then after we went with him on the tractor, she kept telling everyone that she rode with Daddy on the "baby tractor", even though it wasn't a baby tractor at all. But, I think that she thought that we were saying it was a Daddy tractor, instead of 'go ride with Daddy on the tractor', and so somehow she went from Daddy tractor to baby tractor???
The good thing is, I am more familiar with the town and have made some friends, so there are some things that can keep us entertained while Daddy is gone. But, we'll sure miss him for the next 4-6 months.
Monday, April 16, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)









No comments:
Post a Comment