Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Leaving Jders for the First Time

So....in the middle of December, Farmer Brown's dream came true, and my nightmare became a reality. Just kidding. We went to the John Deere factories in Illinois, and they don't allow children in the factory, so... we left Jders for the first time. It was a four day trip, and I agonized over it for months. But, come to find out, she did just fine-they always do right? When we got home, she asked if we could go on another trip.
 
The only reason she did so well is because my mom is an a-maz-ing grandma. Jders loves her to the moon and back, which it made it so much easier to enjoy myself while we were away.
 
I love that Farmer Brown's family is just as much goofball's as I am. I love that we can be stuck in a van like sardines for hours, and make jokes about it the whole time. I LOVE Farmer Brown's Grandpa Brown, oh. my. goodness. he is so funny! And Granny is right there with him.
 
Here are a few quotes that Farmer Brown's sister documented on the Brown Family Facebook page while we were on the trip.
 

Granny: K, are you wearing short pants?
K: No, I just slept in these. I think that we need to wear our long johns!
Gramps: Been there done that!!! 
 
Mrs. Brown: I already read 72 pages on the plane today
Farmer Brown: I was too busy helping the little Indian guy next to me keep his head off my shoulder!
 
We are driving from Des Moines to Moline and eating some of the food we picked up at the store.
Granny: this is what you call meals on wheels!
.....
Grandma Orange: who wants one more piece of pizza.
Farmer Brown: Jesus! (there was a huge yellow sign he was reading just at that time)
 
Farmer Brown: oh Mrs. Brown!!!
(Mrs. Brown Laughing) why did you have to do that back here?
 Mrs. Brown: sorry I didn't know it was going to stink. They don't always stink.
Grandpa: that's just when you are alone.
Farmer Brown: let that be a lesson to everyone in here....lets stop talking about it, I feel bad...
 
See, they're pretty funny! It's always a hoot.
 
They wouldn't allow cameras in the factories, so I didn't get many pictures of the trip. But, we got a few in the museum.
 
Granny and Grandpa Brown:
Farmer Brown and I:
 
All of us that went on the trip. Farmer Brown is at the top of the stairs, and then me, Grandma Orange, Farmer Brown's Dad, Farmer Brown's Sister K, Farmer Brown's Brother, and his new wife, and Granny and Grandpa Brown. Then on the bottom is Farmer Brown's uncle, and Grandma and Grandpa Timmer. It's pretty blurry, but that was the only group shot we got.
Farmer Brown's heaven:
The newest, a driverless tractor, that works solely on GPS. Crazy!!!!
A yellow Christmas tree with green lights. Farmer Brown wanted to box that up and take it home on the plane with us.
One of the very first tractors.
John Deere museum.
It was a lot of fun. I missed Jders like crazy, but I'm glad that I went.

No comments:

Post a Comment