I love this cute little monster with all my heart, but man she's getting into the 2's early. Can we just say TANTRUM THROWER!
She doesn't really like to be home anymore, and so whenever we have been out and about and come home, she throws a fit because she doesn't want to be home. It would almost be better if we wouldn't go anywhere, and then she wouldn't throw the fit when we got home, but alas, I need to get out!
I have a friend here who is a fellow farm widow - her husband farms also, and so we have been doing a lot together during planting season, and she has twin boys Jders ages. So, whenever Jders gets bored or wants to do something, she asks for the boys. She is still a hitter, and so the other day when she hit one of the boys, she got a time-out, and then when she gets out of time-out she has to tell the person she hit sorry, and so she went up to one of the twins and said "I sorry boy".
Another famous fit in the last little while, which she'll probably get teased for for the rest of her life, was I was getting dressed and put a bra on, and she wanted one too. I said "you don't need a bra, you don't have any boobs", so she threw a royal tantrum because she didn't have any boobs! I don't know if she thought I was saying she couldn't have any (which with Farmer Brown and I's genes, she's unlikely to get any anyway), or what, but holy cow!
All in all, she is pretty entertaining, and tons of fun when she is happy. Her new thing is "I tooted" when she toots, and then she laughs. One day, I tooted (come on, we all do), and she said "I tooted" and then you could see her little mind working and then she said "no Mommy toot" and then to reassure herself she said it again "Mommy toot". There is another story where Dad tooted, but I'll leave that for him to tell.
She loves all things Mommy and a Baby, EVERYTHING that is similar is a Mommy and a Baby! If you ask her what her favorite color is, she'll say orange. She is a wonderful little eater, and will eat fruits and vegetables. I'm telling you, anyone who has small children read Baby Led Weaning, changed my life with Jders. Her favorite foods are: pretty much any kind of fruit, "spicy" pickles, green beans, pepperoni (or she calls them spicy's), cheese, bread, chicken nuggets with "salsa"- which is really barbecue sauce, and noodles with no sauce. She is still very much into books, and it's so cute to see her reading to herself. It's amazing what she picks up, even in stories I've only read to her a few times. It's fun to see what she thinks is "important" when she reads books, and what she points out. She is also still very much in love with Dora, and now LOVES Rio. She loves to play with her Dora house, blocks and squinkies - together, never separate, coloring, stickers, play dough, bubbles, and puzzles. Being outside is her all time favorite! The sandbox has been her new discovery this spring, and she loves to play in it, as long as someone else is in there playing with her. There is no getting yard work done while she is playing in the sandbox, she demands you play with her. She also, loves her swing in the backyard - best purchase ever!
Welp, that is Jders in a nutshell these days. Having her is so much fun, BUT "cute little monster" is a very accurate way to describe her.






No comments:
Post a Comment