We took the kids out and pulled them behind the snowmobile with the sleds. We tried to find a hill for sledding, but we were going on Farmer Brown's farm land, so it was slim pickins. Jders was pretty bundled up, but she still froze, poor thing. See how she had to have her blanket and her bink still. She actually was running a 103 temp the night before, but broke it in the middle of the night, so we decided to keep our plans. Best Mom Moment? - probably not. Did we have a lot of fun? - heck yes. She was pretty impartial to everything we were doing. She didn't whine or act like she was having fun, she just kind of sat there.
When the kids had had their fill, we took turns watching them in the car while they watched a movie, and then the other three would go out on the snowmobile and tractor tire tube. The snowmobile drivers objective was to throw the tube riders off the tube. It was really fun. Although, my ankle still hurts from something I did, and my brother's nose got bloodied, and I'm unaware of any other injuries, which is pretty good considering.
This was the first time we had tried an outdoor winter expedition with Jders, if you don't count cutting down the Christmas tree last year. We borrowed the snow suit from a friend, and tried our best to layer her up, but she still froze poor thing. When I took her layers off her little hands and face were frozen, I felt so bad. If we do this again, I'll have to make sure that we find her some better snow clothes. But you have to admit, she looks pretty stinkin' cute in what she was wearing - my little waddling penguin.






No comments:
Post a Comment