Friday, March 9, 2012

Jders Lately

Jders has become so fun just in the last month I wanted to document some of the things that she does now.

She has just started to talk a lot. We have been trying to get her to say "I love you." So we will say "Jders say I" and she'll say "I" and we'll say "Jders say love" and she'll skip the love and automatically say "you". I think one of my nieces also did this when they were little, but we think she's pretty darn cute. The other night I was singing the "Five Green and Speckled Frogs" song and she'll rub her belly and say "yum yum" and then she'll do the sign for "cool" during the song. Then she tries her best to say the "glub glub" at the end. Her new favorite song is twinkle twinkle little star and we have a book with the sign language in it, and she loves to do the signs with it and sing the whole way through "sky, sky, sky, sky". She LOVES Dora and so one day I was saying 'yum, yum, yum deliciouso' like backpack, and she was trying her darndest to say deliciouso, it was so cute.We have tried really hard to catch these things on video, but every time we get the video camera out, she runs right for it and tries to turn the screen around so that she can watch herself, and stops doing whatever she was doing that was so cute. She'll try to repeat pretty much anything you tell her to say, but she has to be in the right mood, and then of course she repeats words you really don't want her to repeat like "crap", and maybe once I used another choice word she repeated - woops!

She all of a sudden has become obsessed with reading books. We do it for a good portion of her waking time. One day I counted, and I spent one hour reading to her, and she spent at least another hour and a half "reading" books to herself. I can't keep the books cleaned up, they are all over the house! Whenever I start cleaning them up, that is when she decides it is a good time to read, naturally. My mom has given us a lot of books, and then my new found treasure is to go to the D.I. and look for books. The last time I went where my mom lives I found so many treasures, I was ecstatic. Now, every time I go to a bigger city, my goal is to go to the D.I. and look for books. Not that we don't have a TON already, the last two trips to the D.I. have more than filled Jders bookcase in her room, so the next thing on our "to buy" list is a bigger book case. I feel like a child can't have too many books. When she loves them so much, and when I can get them for 50 cents, what's holding me back? (Well besides the no more room on the book case issue). Not to mention when you're reading 40ish books to her a day, hundreds of books don't seem like too many, I get tired of reading the same ones over and over again, but "they" (whoever they is) say that repetition of the same books is good for children, and believe me we "repeat"!

What is wonderful about this new obsession, is that sometimes she wants to read by herself, and so I just go grab a book and read right next to her. We grab the pillow pets, she has a big unicorn one that I lay on, and a baby ladybug one she lays on, and we read together. Although, Jders doesn't read silently she jabbers away, which can get kind of distracting sometimes (the cute distracting, not the annoyed distracting). I love that when she's getting ready to read, she takes her bink out so that she can get her read on. She has also started saying "uh, en" at the end of everything because that is what we always say at the end of books. But she also says it at the end of movies and songs now.
    
Some of the other things we do during her waking hours is playing play dough and coloring. She has started this thing where she has to color a little bit with each crayon in the Tupperware container. This kept her busy during the whole sacrament meeting the other day! This kid also LOVES stickers, and she is constantly putting stickers on paper and then she likes to color over the stickers with a marker for some reason. She also went through a phase where she loved to put stickers on the end of her nose and everyone else's nose. With play dough I sit with her and constantly make "bas" balls or "cucoes" circles, and then she squishes them, that is pretty much what playing play dough entails.
Jders is becoming a little more social, but, dang, she is mean! I don't really know what to do with her. She doesn't really know how to interact with children since she is an only child, and so whenever she wants to interact with someone she hits them! We have been SERIOUSLY working on this lately. VERY SLOWLY we are progressing.

Jders is a TV junkie! She wants to watch TV all day long, she points to it and says "vee" for movie or "ra" for Dora. I usually let her watch a bit while I groggily drag myself out of bed, and then that's about it for the day. I think Daddy lets her watch a lot more than that when he is watching her, but he won't confess. But, it has to be her show, it can't be one of our shows. Whenever Farmer Brown and I try to watch a movie while she is awake, she walks right up to the screen and turns it off. Farmer Brown and I usually just give up and give her the attention she wants, which is what we should really be doing anyway.

In the last couple weeks she has really started to come into her two year old phase. Her new thing is to scream at the top of her lungs at me when she doesn't get what she wants. It is so loud that it hurts my ears, no joke. I have to take a deep breath so that I don't react the way she wants me to, and just walk away. She also likes to hit and kick mom and dad, so we are working on that as well as hitting other children. I have noticed that she likes to play by herself more these days, BUT if she ends up playing by herself too long, then she starts to act out, so I have been trying to include her in anything that I do that she can do with me. She LOVES to help clean, just today I was washing her little table and she wanted a rag too, then she wanted to help me sweep - she has her own little broom. Which never is really "helpful", but cute nonetheless. My mom bought her a vacuum at D.I., but you can't push it very well, but I'm sure she would LOVE one that looked like Mommy's and you could push like Mommy's, so I'll be on the look out for that. The picture below is when she got chocolate all over the door, and we had her clean it up. The funny thing is, she doesn't consider it a chore, she loves doing stuff like this. Here's hoping that this will last into her teenage years.
 
This kid LOVES her Daddy, she asks for him about 30 times a day (no joke). I told Farmer Brown that I am just going to have to go to work and he can stay home with her, because all she does is ask for him. He even gets "I love you"s when he isn't home. One day, she was standing at her kitchen and "cooking" and just kept saying "Daaaa-eeee I yuy you" over and over again. I was like "hey Jders I'm right here!" Maybe absence makes the heart grow fonder.

I never really realized it, but she has quite the sense of humor. I was watching some of my friend's kids the other day and was trying to tease them, and they didn't really get it. Jders has always understood when Farmer Brown or I are teasing her, and she just teases right back. She has started to tease us without being provoked. She'll hold something out, and then take it away when we grab for it, or chase us around, she really is a funny little bug.

Just in the last little while she has really started picking up on shapes, counting, colors and letters. Although, everything is usually a "b" and every color is blue. She counts up to three, so now we are working on getting that four in there. She knows circle, heart, and star. She knows how to sing "ABC" and "now I know my ABC's" so we are working on everything in between. She recognized orange and pink the other day. One day I said "hey Jders you and Mommy match", I had on purple polka dotted pajama pants and a black shirt, and she had pink polka dotted pants on and a black shirt, and she pointed to her pants and then to my pants, and then to her shirt and then to my shirt. I really can't believe some of the things that she understands, it really is astonishing. I mean almost two years ago, she was this little lump in my arms that couldn't do anything, and now she understands what matching means!

Another thing she has been doing lately is giving dirty looks. She has just discovered her eyebrows, and so she furrows them and gives you a dirty look when you do something she doesn't like. She has also started to look out of the side of her eyes at you instead of turning her head, it's pretty funny. She'll start walking out of the room, and she keeps her eyes on you, but keeps her head forward as she walks out. Oh man, she cracks me up.

My absolute favorite is when she folds her arms and bows her head during prayers. There is nothing more precious than a child emulating this. It really just validates all the hard things that you have to do as a mother every day. I have yet to take a picture of this.

The rest of the pictures are just random ones of my crazy little bug, being who she is.

Putting on as many necklaces as she could get away with, without Mommy noticing.
  
She loves the little table that Grandma Brown gave her for Christmas, and is often found sitting at it. On the right, she is giving me her "cheese" face.
 
Playing "ball' in her crib, another favorite pass time. She throws the balls out to you, and you throw them back in.
  
One just wasn't going to cut it.
Fixing tractors, just like Daddy.

No comments:

Post a Comment