Thursday, November 3, 2011

Family Reunion 2011

My family is humongous, and I love them all! I have 6 brothers, and 2 sisters, and 26 nieces and nephews. My family has a family reunion every year, and we all take turns planning it. This year it was up by Boise, Id at a scout camp. We all love to get together. Most of us end up going home offended in some way, but what is family for?

This is all of us, plus 2 (my nieces boyfriend, and my brother's family had a foreign exchange student), minus one, my sister's baby was taking a nap. 
And with my family, you can't do pictures without doing one of these also:

For some reason, every year I end up in charge of the t-shirts. This year, I REALLY wanted to do numbers, so we did baseball shirts. It went by what number you entered the family. My parents were 0 and 00, my oldest brother was 01, then it just went by the date they entered the family. Poor Farmer Brown was 39 out of 45, cause it took me that long to get married. My oldest niece was number 12, and she is 17 years old, and Farmer Brown is number 39. Jders was number 44, she has one cousin younger than her, and that is it. I am number 08, since I am 2nd to youngest.

Here we are trying (key word "trying") to get into order. It's hard to get 48 people into a picture.

Little Q didn't want to get in the picture. As you can see, I am also wrestling my little monster.
The final product:

Some other highlights of the trip.

My nephew got bit by something in the middle of the night, and this was the result. So funny! He was a little embarrassed, but I thought it was awesome.
My cute nieces trying their darnedest to play nice.
My brother trying to wear as many of the white elephant gifts as possible.
This is my brother just older than me. We really like to do things with him and his little family. He makes everything more fun. He and I get along really well. Can you tell why?
Here are the original 9. From oldest to youngest. I apologize for how gross I look. I have issues with showering in places like that. Yuck! Plus, I was in charge of breakfast that morning, so I didn't have much time to look "pretty" like my other two sisters. And let's face it, I didn't get the "looks" gene like my sisters did.

Yes, I look pregnant in this picture. No, I am not pregnant, just fat, but it was too funny not to include. My brother right next to me looks constipated. 

And while we are on the subject of family reunions, I thought that I should include these photos from other family reunions for documentation purposes.


These are from 2008, right after Farmer Brown and I were married. Look at Farmer Brown's face. Oh. My. Heavens. Funniest thing I've ever seen. It's so funny, that I put it as a screen saver when I taught first grade to keep a smile on my face throughout the day.
These were in 2010, literally two weeks after I had Jders. It was at camp Zarahemla in Washington close to where my brother lives. Two weeks after having a baby and I drove 9 hours to a family reunion, not my brightest moment. Jders was fine, it was me who had troubles with it, I just didn't feel well most of the time, and missed out on a lot.

My 2nd to oldest brother wasn't there, so my brother-in-law stood in, and then my sister photo shopped my brother's head in. Oh my! Here we are oldest to youngest again.I think I was pretending to pinch my brother's bum, that's why my hand isn't in my pocket.
In this picture, you can totally tell I have pregnant face. My bother third from the left is wondering why we always have to do these goofy pictures where he gets smashed.

All in all, I love being part of a large family. We have tons of fun when we get together, and it's nice to have so many built in friends.

1 comment:

  1. I love your reunion pictures. If only I could get my family to be that organized. I love the numbered shirt idea. I might steal that one sometime.

    ReplyDelete