I have decided to make caramel apples a new Halloween tradition. They were SO yummy, and really fun to make.
It will be a lot more fun when Jders can help me. I'm so glad that I got a girl, so that I can do all these fun things with them.
Here is the recipe I used. If you don't want extra caramel, which I'd rather have caramel apples than plain caramel, then you can do about 15 apples with this recipe. I also forgot vanilla BOTH times I made these, grrrr, but they turned out just fine, even without the vanilla. I used Gala apples the first time, and then I used Granny Smith apples the second time. I definitely liked the red apples better, but Farmer Brown likes the green. Next time I am going to splurge and do Honey Crisp apples, I think they would be perfect for these.
Then, I used my sister's Chocolate Truffle Fondue recipe to drizzle chocolate on them, and then put sprinkles on, and I just did almonds on the other apples.
Chocolate Truffle Fondue
(I halved it for the apples, you don't need a whole batch)
3/4 c. whipping cream
2 Tbsp. butter
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips
1 tsp. vanilla
Put butter and cream in a sauce pan and heat over medium-low heat until cream is hot. Do NOT BOIL. Remove from heat and add chocolate. Let it melt then whisk until smooth and add vanilla. Pour into fondue pot and keep on low heat.
You have to put the apples in the fridge for the chocolate to harden up.
Yum! Enjoy!!
Wednesday, October 26, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Ok ok... I'll come visit if we can make these?! :) I'm glad jders looks like shes feeling/doing better. Her faces are super cutie cute!
ReplyDelete