So... this summer, not one, but TWO of my brother's came to visit us here in our lovely little small town. I forget that there are actually some neat things about the place that we live. My brother W and his family came, and unfortunately I only got this photo from when they were here. He is sitting on the geyser. Secretly I'm hoping that it will go off just for the entertainment value.
Then, my brother A came with his 5 cute kids. I always forget the difference between boys and girls, and it surprises me how adventurous boys are. Here is N playing in the geyser.
Of course, we showed them all the farm equipment, and let them ride in a tractor. Then, we went out to feed the cows and pigs. The only reason we have cows and pigs is for ourselves to eat, we're not those farmers who do both the grain and the animals (most people have that misconception when you tell them you're a farmer, they ask what animals you have).
Sissy loves to throw grass in at them.
Have I said how much I love my little goose?
The two girls, can you tell their cousins?
My brother was showing the boys how you take a head off a stalk and get the kernels out. I love teaching moments like this, and these are the times where I really admire what Farmer Brown does for a living.
They had a grand time throwing rocks into the grain, it was too cute.
Isn't it gorgeous out here? Farmer Brown's parents want to build a house out here, and I can't blame them at all - so pretty!
Then Farmer Brown told the kids they could play in the back of a grain truck, that was full of grain. This thought had never even crossed my mind. To get in there and play! But, they had a blast! Jders did NOT like it in her sandals, but finally I told her to just take them off, and she was happy as a clam.
It was a lot of fun to be able to go and do these things with both of my brother's, I was so glad they decided to come visit us! I'm also glad that Jders got to know her cousins a little bit better. I have 6 brothers, and 2 sisters and so we don't get to see very many of them, but once a year at our family reunion. So, it is fun when we get to see them at other times than that.






No comments:
Post a Comment