Last September, my sister and brother-in-law went to Hawaii for their 10th anniversary, and I was watching their children.
The first day the kids went to school and when they got home I told them if they got their homework done we would go to a park. They quickly got it done, and we were headed to the park. We finally found a park, and within ten minutes of getting there, this little guy comes running around the corner crying with a bloody eye. The first thing I said was, "In the car now!"
He had slipped on a step, and hit his eye on another step.
As I hurriedly made phone calls outside to his mother (still on plane), his grandmother, my husband, his aunt trying to figure out what to do, the older sister was telling him in the car that he was getting stitches. So when I got in the car he was hyperventilating. I finally got him calmed down, by telling him we didn't know that and the doctor just needed to take a look.
So, here I was with four children, in a strange place, trying to find an InstaCare. I knew that I had seen one somewhere on my way in, so we went back and forth a few times. I finally found one, and we went in. Did I mention this was only a few weeks after Jders broke her leg?
We went in, and the first thing they said to me after looking at Jders and my nephew was, 'looks like you're having a rough couple weeks'. My thoughts: 'Yah! Thanks for noticing!'
When we got into the room, Jders wanted to take a barbie from the waiting room in. When the doctor came he asked the little boy,"Is that your barbie?" the boy said, "No, it's yours! You love barbies!" And the doctor said, "You know, I'm at a place in my life where I can say that I do love barbies." The boy: "Well if you love barbies, why don't you kiss her....... right on her butt!" The first thing that came out of my mouth was, "I can honestly say, he's not mine."
Did I mention that because Jders had been in doctor's office after doctor office for her leg, she wouldn't stay in the room without screaming bloody murder?
Once the doctor said it was going to need a few stitches, the boy once again started hyperventilating. I told him they were going to give him medicine so it wouldn't hurt at all. He kept asking if he could see the needle, and the doctor kept telling him "when it's over". He never did get to see the needle, poor thing. He was fine, but he had to hold my hand really tight the whole time - while Jders screamed in his older sisters lap.
Long story short, I carry some bad juju when it comes to children. Just keep them out of my reach. Jders has been in the hospital twice since the broken leg, and from the way I see it, probably will keep giving me mini heart attacks for the rest of her life.
How it looked when I first saw it:
Right before they stitched it up:
He was super embarrassed about what happened, and wanted to wear a skin colored band aid to school everyday.
Without the band aid:
Thursday, January 19, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment