Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree!

This year we decided to go out in the woods with Farmer Brown's family to get a Christmas tree. Suprisingly, it was a lot of fun!!!!! We even took Jders. I thought it would be a lot quicker than it was, but after the initial shock to my body of actual walking and burning off those Thanksgiving calories, it was fun hunting for that perfect Christmas tree.  Here Jders is with Farmer Brown in her huge old snow suit.
We forgot to take pictures of the actual cutting down of the tree, but here I am dragging the tree. It was between dragging the tree or carrying the baby, and surprisingly, hauling the tree was easier.
Farmer Brown got stuck carrying the sleeping child. Obviously, he wasn't too thrilled about it.
We cut down three different trees, one for us, one for Farmer Brown's parents, and one for Farmer Brown's sister. Here they are hauling the trees out of the mountains.
I was nervous what the tree was going to look like, since it is hard to find "the perfect tree" in the woods, but I was pleasantly surprised. Jders was having fun with the paper, as we unwrapped the ornaments.
Farmer Brown's grandma has the most wonderful tradition. Every year after Christmas, she buys the Hallmark ornaments at half off, and gives each of the grandchildren one every year. So Farmer Brown has an ornament for every year that he has been alive, and I started to get them since I have been part of the family, and now Jders will get them too!!! These ornaments are what decorate our tree, and of course some glass balls.


And of course, upon closer inspection, yes, those are John Deere balls.
And yes, that is John Deere wrapping paper. Sad, I know!
  
                                                    

1 comment:

  1. That IS a perfect tree! I just love babies at Christmas time the age Jders is now. So cute!

    ReplyDelete